Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Scout the cat 4/7/1998 - 5/17/2007

My hunting-cat Scout, died on May 17th.

Poor Graham came inside to tell me he thought Scout was sick ("Mom, Scout's just laying in the grass on his side."). I told him that he was probably just enjoying the weather (75 and low humidity). About five minutes later he came back in ("Mom, I REALLY think you need to take Scout to the vet"). At this point I thought uh oh. I went out, kids following to find my beloved cat lay dead in the grass beside our house. I couldn't believe it! Steve came home where we had a burial service in the back yard.

Now what, do I get another cat, a dog, or do we just stay pet-less for a little while? Sad days.

1 comment:

kkoois said...

stay petless. if you need further convincing of that, please refer to your previous posts that involved rodents in your home.