Saturday, March 24, 2007

Manna From Heaven




Talk about random thoughts...

how many of you just love waffles? I do, but not just any kind. I most likely will never order them in a restaurant, nor do I like to make them in my own burnt-batter-coated waffle iron. The special Nakawaffle should be of the frozen variety that one must "leggo". it also needs to be Nutra in grain and low in fat. Why, you ask? Oh, you didn't ask--well I'll tell you anyway! Because my kids do not eat foods containing protein or fiber. Therefore I must sneak the whole grains in anywhere I can. I also coat their waffles not with butter, but with peanut butter, which makes me feel better about drowning them in maple flavored sugar goo. Hey, peanut butter's a protein! Plus it inhibits their mom-calling reflex!

My favorite way of disguising the goodness in these orbs of wonder, is by coating them in a bit of cottage cheese (I promise it gets better) and slathering them in a sugar-mascerated berry soup. Not to worry, I would never stop there (being that it sounds too healthy--even if it is an Atkins nightmare), the crowning glory of this waffley creation is the use of a very rare and special sauce. Karo syrup. Of course I would never use the dark or pancake variety of this beloved brand--it must only ever be the original clear, so as to prevent any overpowering of flavor or vibrancy of color. Oh yes, it's heaven on a plate!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I am slipping into a sugar coma as I type. . .

I hate waffles. More of an omelet girl. With veggies and egg beaters when not preggers. With bacon and cheese when with child. And biscuits and gravy. MMMM. . .

Mommy Brain said...

And Karo is good for solving constipation!

Mommy Brain said...

I'm visiting again...the picture is worse than the description...right on mommy!

kkoois said...

ok...yum

Joymes said...

Wow- if you can get your kids to eat that you are truly an amazing mom!