Saturday, March 15, 2008

June 2007? Could it be?!!


Okay, so here I am after almost a YEAR without a single post. Not really a year, more like 9 months, wouldn't want to exaggerate.

So, Kim and I spoke this morning as I bravely battled frightened moms and money-freaked dads around the SDSU campus. No joke, I have never been so afraid while driving in SoCal traffic--okay, sometimes when it rains the folks tend to act a little crazy (picture a full moon on Friday the 13th). Anyway, I made it there (to campus) and back with little more than an extra gray hair. Anyway, while speaking with Kimberly K, she suggested that I hadn't blogged in a while and that I could (in my free-time), just post a little somethin. I've decided to discuss my morning at the San Diego State campus.

My experience: this is just me personally, so if you've attended, graduated, or ever visited the SDSU campus your opinion may differ slightly.

Every person on that campus (except for me of course) was either 12 years old or 55. This includes (but is not limited to) parents, students, faculty, staff, volunteers, tourists, locals, and the homeless man collecting cans out of the garbage (not making fun here, actually I'm impressed with his resourcefulness!).

My initial reaction was to call my husband (first to apologize for being so mean this morning), and tell him that I don't belong in college (at least not one anyone has ever heard of--or maybe one that's only available online, which has no real mailing address, except maybe a PO Box). Seriously, the only reason these "children" (I don't care if they are 18) will want to be "friends" (or study partners) is they think I might buy them beer (obviously this will never happen, because I am a parent, and no longer think this is a good idea).

ANYWAY, Kim, thanks a million for reminding me (yet again) to get my tush online and post something (anything)!!

2 comments:

kkoois said...

yeah! you're back blogging!

love that picture of you and the kids. we are looking forward to seeing!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.